The PMP exam is becoming more difficult each year. There are more ambiguous and flexible questions, and more people reading it. The syllabus revision is next. You need to follow these steps if you want to pass the PMP exams prior to the revision of your syllabus.
Trilogy of PMP Review: Knowledge points, basic process and decision and judgement
The first step is to master basic knowledge points, which include 5 process groups, 10 knowledge areas, and 19 process functions.
The second step is to identify the main processes and learn the knowledge points in class. This includes problem solving, risk management, execution monitoring, risk management, change management, and planning.
The third step is to choose from the four ambiguous answers by answering the questions using the basic knowledge of basic procedures.
Summary of the PMP Learning Materials
PMBOK (Sixth edition)
Introduction to the project management body knowledge
Knowledge presentation on project management
Test of project management knowledge simulation
PMBOK is a PMP exam manual that you must read at least three times.
I was able to follow the teacher in class for the first time and understood the basic knowledge points. I also sorted out the context of project managing and did unit exercises.
Finish the simulation questions again, and then study the questions that are unclear or wrong. Next, find the knowledge points.
The third time, focus on the chapter of the start, close, changes, issues, risks, quality, resources/communication/stakeholders, procurement, etc.
2. The Exercise
Finalizing a certification exam course is an inevitable part of the process.
A set of unit exercises, organized according to PMBOK units. These are useful for mastering the basic knowledge points.
Three sets of simulation questions after intensive instruction to verify the learning effect.
Three sets of sprint questions (after you have read the first two times, verify the rate and research topic).
1. Preparing for the exam requires that you read the PMBOK tutorial and have a basic understanding of the relevant knowledge framework.
2. After you have entered the learning state, make sure you continue to watch the course videos.
3.Do not miss the live class.
4. You should take notes and ask more questions when you watch the course videos. Practice should be done once per day. Also, practice answering wrong questions in chapters. Every day, I had to wake up at 5:00 AM to watch a one-hour course video. To catch up, I watched it at a moderate pace.
Because practice makes perfect, she insisted that we take the time to do the daily exercises after lunch every day. I spent two hours in the evening watching each chapter’s course videos and doing chapter exercises. I also insist on studying every day, even weekends. Simulating and answering simulation questions in my morning, and then reading through the analysis of wrong question in the afternoon. It is recommended that I finish the set of wrong questions within the first month. Then I sort out any relevant notes. Janice’s study guide can help you organize your study time.
1. It is important to pay attention to the exam. The registration fee is expensive. We need to spend more time learning. Only this way can we make up the hard work that we have put in.
2. The PMP exam is more than just reading books. Many of the PMP exams are situational questions. Therefore, it is important to practice exercises regularly to master the skills and ideas required to answer these questions.
3. Pay attention to the pace of the exam room and answer one question per minute. Do not get bogged down with questions that you don’t know the answer to.